Boutique Citrus is proud to be the suppliers of Australian Finger Limes to Martin Benn, Chef & Patron of Sepia Restaurant. Martin is an incredibly talented chef whose creativity, hard work and vision resulted in 2015 being a year of awards and recognition – both in Australia and internationally.
Martin has been using Finger Limes for many years now, which feature on his menu when in season. His food is completely unique – beautiful to look at, delicate and totally delicious! Added to his amazing professionalism, we have found him to be a lovely person to work with. Boutique Citrus is so very thrilled for the opportunity to work with Martin and to see him being recognised for his amazing work. Here’s what Martin had to say about us:
‘I was first introduced to Greg and Amanda Childe-Freeman of Boutique Citrus a few years back when I was researching for a particular style and colour of native Finger Lime for one of my best known dishes ‘The Pearl’.
As chefs we strive to find the very best, unique produce available to us, from like minded, passionate growers and farmers. Boutique Citrus grows a wide range of Finger Lime varieties which include, Rainforest Pearl (my absolute favourite), Chartreuse, Pink Ice and Emerald – all with that distinct crisp pop and sweet, zingy citrus bite that is truly a taste of Australia.
Boutique Citrus is a customer driven, family business that you can rely on for guaranteed freshness and quality produce every time.’
Take a look at some of Martin’s awards:
- Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide Three Chefs Hats 2016
- Gault & Millau Australia Sydney Restaurant of the Year 2015
- Time Out Food Awards 2015 – Best Fine Dining Restaurant
- The Australian Hot 50 Restaurants Hall of Fame
- World of Fine Wine World’s Best Wine List – 3 Stars 2015
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2015 – One to Watch
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2015 – #84
- Financial Review Australia’s Top Restaurants Australian Restaurant of the Year 2015
- Financial Review Australia’s Top Restaurants NSW Restaurant of the Year 2015
- Financial Review Australia’s Top Restaurants Chef of the Year 2015, Martin Benn
- Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide Restaurant of the Year 2015, Sepia
- Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide Citi Service Award of Excellence, Vicki Wild
- Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide Three Chef Hats 2015
- The Australian Hot 50 Restaurants Hottest Chef 2015 Martin Benn
- Australian Gourmet Traveller Chef of the Year 2015, Martin Benn
- Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine 3 Stars 2015